Aortic Fellows Bootcamp
This session is the ideal hands-on preparatory course for prospective or early-career vascular surgeons, held in conjunction with the NY Endovascular Summit on September 23-24. Attendees will spend a half-day participating in cadaver labs with small-group instruction as well as simulator training for personal experience with industry representatives. Attendees will then get to participate in expert didactic lectures and a fellows Case Competition with great prizes for all participants. This well-rounded session is an excellent immersion experience into the world of vascular surgery and is one you won’t want to miss.
- Vascular surgery residents or fellows
- Interventional cardiology or interventional radiology fellows who are interested in learning about aortic pathology & want to perform aortic endographs
- Early career vascular surgeons who are a maximum of 3 years out of fellowship
- Round-Trip Airfare or Mileage Reimbursement to New York, NY
- Hotel Accommodations (3 Nights) for September 21, 22 and 23
- Reimbursement of approved out-of-pocket expenses
- Complimentary Registration for the 2023 NY Endovascular Summit
* Attendance at NY Endovascular Summit General Sessions on Friday & Saturday is required
Aortic Bootcamp Case Competition Details
The Aortic Bootcamp Session will feature a Senior Resident & Fellows Case Presentation Competition, where residents and fellows are encouraged to submit an interesting aortic case for consideration by the course directors. The top 5 cases will be selected to present on Saturday evening.
The final deadline to submit is Wednesday, September 13, 2023.
- First Prize: MacBook Air
- Second Prize: iPad Air 256gb
- Third Prize: AirPods Pro
- Fourth Prize: Bose Speaker
- Fifth Prize: Apple wireless chargers
Criteria For Judgement
Case presentations should:
- be well-presented and documented
- be on an interesting, relevant topic
- captivate and spur debate, comments and opinions
- utilize relevant, high-quality images or videos that are presented and explained properly
- exhibit the presenter has comprehensive knowledge on the topic
- walk us through your analytical thought process
- have excellent teaching points for all to learn
Is there a limit on the number of cases you can submit?
No, you can submit multiple cases, but ensure they are all high quality.
Are there specific topics you’re looking to see?
Only Aortic Cases (Open or Endo)
What is the preferred format to submit my case?
PowerPoint or Keynote
What is the recommended time / length of my presentation?
9-10 minutes, including a couple minutes for potential Q&A at the end
Can I submit a presentation for the Fellows Course Case Competition AND the Aortic Case Competition?
No, you will only be attending one fellows course, and both of the case presentations will be occurring at the same time, so you may only participate in one.
When will the Case Competition be?
The Aortic Symposium Case Competition will be held on Saturday, September 23rd during the Aortic Symposium, with presentations beginning at about 4:00 PM. This is different than the MS Endovascular Fellows Course Case Competition.